WNY Mothers of Multiples (aka Mothers of Twins Club of Buffalo) offers a variety of benefits to our members. Some of the highlights include: Dial-a-mom support, monthly newsletters, membership in Multiples of America (aka NOMOTC) & NYSOMOTC, semiannual clothing and toy sales, discounted BJ’s Wholesale Club membership, group outings, guest speakers, preemie lending closet, moms night out, and playgroups.
- Dial-A-Mom Support – We maintain a listing of moms who are willing to support you and offer advice on particular topics. Chances are, if you are going through a challenging situation, another mother of multiples has had a similar experience and can offer advice or just let you vent. We have moms who have experience with some of the following topics: Toilet training multiples, speech therapy, physical therapy, special education, nursing multiples, working moms, bed rest during pregnancy, and many more! It’s a great way to share experiences and get advice from other mothers of multiples.
- Club Newsletter, Directory, and BigTent Group – Our newsletter, “The Doublet”, published 9 times during the year, will keep you updated on our events and happenings, member stories and more. You’ll also receive a Membership Directory, so you can keep in contact with other mothers whose children are the same age or live closest to you. Additionally, members have access to our BigTent Group.
- Monthly Meetings, Great Guest Speakers & National/State Membership – Your membership in WNY Mothers of Multiples (aka Mothers of Twins Club of Buffalo) automatically gives you membership in the Multiples of America (aka National Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs (NOMOTC)) and the New York State Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs (NYSOMOTC). You’ll receive the NOMOTC newsletter “The Notebook”, in addition to our club newsletter, “The Doublet”. From time to time, our monthly meetings will include an informational hour with guest speakers relating to the needs and wants of our mothers of multiples. Past guest speakers have included financial planners who have multiples and provided financial planning guidance from birth to college for families with multiples, a local judge, twins (children, teens, and adults) to participate in our twin panel.
- Playgroups – Various playgroups are formed throughout the year. Most play dates are hosted by our members, for our members, at their homes, a park, or another kid friendly venue. Members choose the time, day and place. It’s a great chance for moms to chat and for the kids to play. Occasionally, playgroups will be arranged at some of our local area kids’ gyms. Members can find playgroup information in “The Doublet” or on BigTent.
- Semiannual Clothing & Toy Sales – Our semiannual clothing sale is where members can get great deals on gently-used clothing (infant, children & maternity), toys, and equipment (strollers, high chairs, bouncers, etc.) or can make some extra money selling their used clothing, toys, and equipment. A benefit of membership is the “members only” shopping privileges at these sales.
- Summer Family Picnic – During the summer, we have a get-together with members, their spouses, and their children at a local amusement park. The picnic allows members the chance to get together during summer break, enjoy the rides and water park, and have a delicious potluck meal.
- Fall Gathering - During the fall, we have a gathering with members, their spouses, and their children at a local pumpkin patch. The gathering allows members the chance to take a hayride, pick a pumpkin and enjoy a potluck lunch.
- MoMs Holiday Party – A fun filled festive night in for the members of WNY Mothers of Multiples (aka Mothers of Twins Club of Buffalo).
- Preemie Lending Closet - As a member of the Club, you will be able to borrow clothing from our Preemie Lending Closet. This is a great benefit for new MoMs.
- Moms Night Out – As a member, you can join in on our monthly evenings out to socialize with other moms of multiples. Members can check “The Doublet” or BigTent for details on Moms Night Out activities.
- Discounted BJs Wholesale Club Membership – As a member of our club, you can receive a discounted membership rate to BJs Wholesale Club. It’s a great place to stock up on diapers and wipes for your bundles of joy. They take manufacturer’s coupons and send out a monthly coupon book. You can stack a BJ’s coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon for extra savings.
How to join:
WNY Mothers of Multiples (aka MOTC of Buffalo) holds regular meetings at Good Shepard Lutheran Church located at 2669 Sheridan Drive in Tonawanda. Meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:30 pm. (Doors open at 7:00pm) Mothers of multiples and expectant mothers of multiples are welcome to attend a meeting as a guest before joining the club.
Once you decide to join the club, annual dues are $32. If writing a check for your dues, please make the check payable to MOTC of Buffalo. Click the links to view the Membership Forms for Mothers of Twins and Mothers of Triplets. If you have higher order multiples, please email the club for membership form details.
If you have any questions about the club, please email email@example.com